Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
us_marine

Arctic Blast :/

us_marine
11 years ago

Well its 32f as of right now....I can already see a hard freeze coming thanks to this arctic blast. Usually we don't get frost until just before sunrise but tonight it has frozen early :/ Temps could almost drop as low as 25f tonight.... It could reach or break record lows....Just hoping we don't drop below high 20f's tonight.

Anyway, after this blast passes us by we should have a warm up. So at least that is a good thing. lol bring on the warmer weather!

- US_Marine

Comments (7)

• ericthehurdler
    11 years ago

Damn its cold here too, currently 30f i can definitely see it getting to 25f. monday is supposed to be worse :(

• miketropic
    11 years ago

why don't I have alot of sympathy for your Cali guys LOL..about the same as I have for Florida guys..we hit 73F yesterday it was fantastic. back to low 20 each noght for a few more months now so you all should be fine with a day or 2 of it

• garyfla_gw
    11 years ago

Hi
    odd isn't it?? We have been setting records in the opposite direction making it to the mid eighties several time... There is a cold front coming this weekend may bottom out at 67.lol Interesting that my trusted gurus said it would be a very cold winter. No matter what happens in feb will still be an all time record high lol
    good luck with it you have my sympathy !! lol gary

• tropicalzone7
    11 years ago

Hope it warms up again soon for you, but usually when Cali's warm we're in a deep freeze (and vice versa!). It hasnt been too warm here (I guess last winter spoiled NYC a little bit), but it has been well above average with lows in the 40s and highs also in the 40s. Tomorrow we'll hopefully get to 60F, but nothing compared to the 70s and 80s in the south! Then we get cold again with below average temperatures but nothing bitter cold yet thankfully. So far January has been a pretty good month, definitely no complaints. Just one more month left of deep winter, but February can be a rough month so anything can happen!
    -Alex

• NYHamptons
    11 years ago

Tropicalzone7, it hasn't been THAT cold. (Even though I have been in PR for 4 weeks in december and the weekends of november). The news showed temps didn't even trop to low 20's! That's like zone 9!

• ericthehurdler
    11 years ago

Its 24f right now at my place. At least its been somewhat dry so everything doesn't turn into palmsicles.

• us_marine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

@ ericthehurdler- I think we bottomed out at 24f or 25f as well. Although I can't confirm the actual temp. Each weather station has reported different temps and are off from each other by as much as 3-4 degrees. I just now walked outside and frost was everywhere! :/ Looked kinda like snow so I'm guessing the actual temps here was somewhere inbetween 24f-27f.

Is it really predicted to get colder monday where you are? Last night I think is the coldest its supposed to get in my area but I guess as long as the jet stream is so far south who knows.After the jet stream shifts it will be warmer.

- US_Marine