Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good source of Jubaea in northern California

Posted by ericthehurdler NOR CAL 9a (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 15:48

I recently purchased 2 good sized 4-5 year old Jubaeas from a women who lives in Santa Rosa California. The price was about 20-40 bucks depending on the size/age. This is a very good deal! She has about 100 or so potted Jubaeas all in different stages of growth from 0-5 years of age.

I just wanted to share for those of you in the area of northern california or elsewhere that might be looking for some nice Jubaeas. unfortunately i dont know if she can ship the plants so you must pick up.

The sellers name is Selena and she can be reached at 707-571-8535
and her house is located in Fulton, Santa Rosa

My 2 Jubaeas for 50 bucks :)
 photo IMG_3173_zpsc8b58dcf.jpg

about 5-6 inch base
 photo IMG_3180_zps94ee118e.jpg

Lots to choose from
 photo IMG_3450_zps52cb8019.jpg

Big mother plant
 photo IMG_3455_zpsf2adab4b.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good source of Jubaea in northern California

Wow you aren't kidding about big momma! Any idea how old she is? Bummer she can't ship to east coast. I'd like to try one.

o

The palm is around 100 years old
And I don't think it will live much longer it seems to have some kinda disease effecting the crown

o

It might have..but some Wine palms do have that "twist" to the fronds. There is a technical name that I cant recall for that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here