Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cactus_dude

Medemia argun

cactus_dude
12 years ago

Hi everyone-

Anyone growing Medemia argun? And, do you know if they are for sale anywhere? I've seen seeds offered by rarepalmseeds.com, but no live specimens anywhere.

best,

cd

Comments (8)

• don_licuala
    12 years ago

I've not heard anything of this palm in many years since Gibbons & Spanner went on their Sudanese expedition. It was thought extinct but the chaps found some groves and likely that's where your seeds came from.

In view of the confusion over T.takil, I suggest you stick to the seeds and grow your own for now. Maybe Gardenpalms.com in Holland knows something, but on this side of the pond nothing has been said thus far.

• mike-jaramillo
    12 years ago

Hello I bought my seeds from www.seedrack.com cheaper than rarepalmseed.com. I have had bad experiences with rarepalmseed in the past and try to avoid them when possible

• cactus_dude
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks guys-

cd

• maxsonmike
    11 years ago

I bought five Medemia seeds from seed rack, in a week four have germinated. I placed them in a baggy with perlite and a heat mat.

• mike-jaramillo
    11 years ago

Congrats

• maxsonmike
    11 years ago

Now if I could just find seeds of Ravenea musicalis. I had one plant growing in a pond at my work and someone thought it had fallen in and took it out. When I found it a few days later it was dead..

Mike

• james760
    11 years ago

this palm alone makes me want to move to coachella, on top of that the bismarckia & hyphaene thebaica(doum palm)!
    the only problem is dealing with the avg. temp of 110-115f durning summer,hence(coacHELLa)lol. ill figure it out some how, maybe do all my gardening at night. ill just install some spot light all over the yard!

• fr8train
    11 years ago

I know this is a dead topic, but I was wondering how everyone's arguns are doing..

I just picked up some seeds, and I've heard they're very difficult to keep alive, so any advice or information would be more than welcome. : )