Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medemia argun

Posted by cactus_dude Tucson (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 12, 12 at 17:34

Hi everyone-

Anyone growing Medemia argun? And, do you know if they are for sale anywhere? I've seen seeds offered by rarepalmseeds.com, but no live specimens anywhere.

best,
cd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medemia argun

I've not heard anything of this palm in many years since Gibbons & Spanner went on their Sudanese expedition. It was thought extinct but the chaps found some groves and likely that's where your seeds came from.

In view of the confusion over T.takil, I suggest you stick to the seeds and grow your own for now. Maybe Gardenpalms.com in Holland knows something, but on this side of the pond nothing has been said thus far.

o

Hello I bought my seeds from www.seedrack.com cheaper than rarepalmseed.com. I have had bad experiences with rarepalmseed in the past and try to avoid them when possible

o

Thanks guys-

cd

o

I bought five Medemia seeds from seed rack, in a week four have germinated. I placed them in a baggy with perlite and a heat mat.

o

Congrats

o

Now if I could just find seeds of Ravenea musicalis. I had one plant growing in a pond at my work and someone thought it had fallen in and took it out. When I found it a few days later it was dead..

Mike

o

this palm alone makes me want to move to coachella, on top of that the bismarckia & hyphaene thebaica(doum palm)!
the only problem is dealing with the avg. temp of 110-115f durning summer,hence(coacHELLa)lol. ill figure it out some how, maybe do all my gardening at night. ill just install some spot light all over the yard!

o

I know this is a dead topic, but I was wondering how everyone's arguns are doing..

I just picked up some seeds, and I've heard they're very difficult to keep alive, so any advice or information would be more than welcome. : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here