Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
removing Sago pups

Posted by corar Jax9A (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 11 at 9:26

I have three nice size Sagos that I've nursed through several bouts of Aisian Scale. Now, they all have pups, some growing from the exposed trunk but most growing up through the soil. They are in a rather crowded area and I want/need to remove the pups and trim the parent plants to allow for more air movement and maintenance.
What is the best time of year and method of removing pups? I'd like to pot the pups. Anything special I should do to ensure their survival? Thanks for your help.
Cora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: removing Sago pups

Hi Cora
At the end of this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3yvjSovxU4 there is a very basic instruction on how to seperate and plant pups. I am sure others will have some good advice here but the very basics are covered in the video. I dont know when the best time to divide the pups would be but if I had to guess I would say right now if you live in a temperate zone. Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here