Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lime tree leaves yellowing from bottom up

Posted by epaletis Michigan (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 14:44

I have a two year old lemon tree that lives in a pot and gets taken inside and outside depending on the Michigan weather. It's been growing wonderfully indoors this winter, but the last couple of days I've noticed the leaves turning yellow starting at the bottom with some of the leaves curling in.
This is a very resilient tree, as it has died and come back to life once before. I don't want to see it die again!! Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lime tree leaves yellowing from bottom up

Your soil looks to be very peaty. Many of the premixed soils being sold are horrible! Citrus like sharp drainage (something they share with palms btw). If your mix is peaty, it is holding on to too much moisture. I would hold off on watering and repot in the Spring with a better soil. Some citrus growers advocate a "gritty mix" (I don't use it, because I grow many outside for a good part of the year, and can't keep up with watering in the stuff.) Citrus will be happy though with your standard soils used for palms (one that drains well).

P.S., Even those premixed soils marketed as being for Palms and Citrus are bad--too peaty.

P.S.2, Persian lime in container.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here