Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Palmtalk

Posted by ericthehurdler NOR CAL 9a (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 14:51

Hey everybody,
Im just curious to see how many of you also use the Palmtalk forum?
For those of you who haven't heard of Palmtalk it is a great source of Palm knowledge and is full of friendly experienced and novice gardeners.
I would highly recommend becoming a member, its free and easy!

While i enjoy this forum very much it can be very "dead" sometimes. :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Palmtalk

Great site, but very focused on tropical palms. This site seems to be more geared more toward hardy palms and cooler climates.

o

Some of us overlap with this forum:

http://members3.boardhost.com/HardyPalm/

It's very active and informative, but has the drama and rivalries of The Real Housewives of L.A. This board, while quiet at times is far more supportive and genial.

o

I agree,great site but as mentioned,very tropical in it's discussions.....this one will light up when the weather warms back up-cold hardy as it is..

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

This post was edited by jimhardy on Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 17:47

o

Hi
Since 95 percent of all palms are tropical in origin
Wouldn't it sort have to be centered on tropical?? lol
gary

o

The hardypalm forum looks interesting but I signed up and verified the automated response and they still haven't given me access after 24 hrs.

o

When I signed up for hardypalm, same thing happened. I had to email them to get it done.

o

Be warned, Lago! There is an ugly Virginia Beach/Norfolk vs Atlanta rivalry on that site!

o

I'm not on palmtalk, but I am on the hardy palm board. It's a nice board, takes a while to get used to and gardenweb is better at archiving messages, but the hardypalm board is more active especially in the winter time.
-Alex

o

Looks like Palmtalk just started a forum dedicated to cold hardy palms. Most of the posters over there are from California and Florida, and not many of us. Might be nice for a few of us to post our trials and tribulations on that site too. Show those palm growers in places where it's not a challenge at all a thing or two about how to really grow some palms.

o

Yes cliff we worked on getting one for a few weeks. And finally we got it.
For those of you who didnt want to join because it was too tropical oriented, They listened and have done this for you.
So sign up and check it out :)

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/forum/37-cold-hardy-palms/

o

".........Show those palm growers in places where it's not a challenge at all a thing or two about how to really grow some palms........"

That's the thing with palm growing, it can be a challenge anywhere, depending on the species you're trying to grow. I'm forever fine tuning conditions but have still lost a number, with others still just hanging on.

o

Interesting the amount of cold hardy palm poster on this forum....

I check in there sometimes but can't always relate much to the types of palms on there...

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here