Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
early jump start

Posted by bronxboynyc71 zone 7b bronx? (cityslikr@aol.com) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 15:35

Hey guys. Hope everyone is having a good winter. I plan on getting some new trachys for March. Made the mistake last year ordering one from Georgia, online. it came in a box with no pot or even dirt. Of course it went into shock after I planted it. Looking for advice on buying potted trachys. In the Tri state area. Of course I want them on the larger size and potted. Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase. Thanks in advance. Robert.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: early jump start

I saw windmill palms at Maple Leaf Gardens in NJ last summer and the prices were good.

o

Check area Home Depot or Lowes. They are supplying lots of windmills, needles, sabal minors, pindos and Mediterranean fan palms. Call around in your region around May. You may need to head over to NJ, closer to the Shore. What you get there will be bigger and in pots.

o

Try www.chillypalmtree.com

Comes with soil!

o

Thanks for the responses!! I just got off the phone with chillypalmtrees and ordered 3- 30 gallon trachys. He is going to deliver to me on march 10th. I have to pick them up in jersey. He will not go over the GW bridge. Good luck with the rest of the winter. Hopefully march is mild.

o

30 gallons..those are monsters..I don't even want to know what the shipping charges were for that..I thought my 5 gallons cost alot to ship...

o

Good move with Chillypalms. He has very good specimens at good prices.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here