Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
us_marine

Early spring update (lots of pics)

us_marine
11 years ago

The weather over here in the West has been nice lately reaching into the 70f's so I decided it was a nice time to take some pics (warning alot of pics). Here are some pics of how my plants and others around are doing.

Palms: pt.1

{{gwi:1122437}}

{{gwi:1122439}}

Comments (6)

• us_marine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Palms: pt 2

I believe the palm above the sago is the same palm as the one I posted about earlier. It is a type of phoenix its a senegal date palm.

• us_marine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Palms: pt 3

Fishtail palms:

This is the largest. I didnt see any damage on this guy.

This fishtail is rather new. I think this is its first year in the ground. Has some damage but I think it survived. Are they both the same variety? I'm not familiar with small fishtails.

• us_marine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pt. 4

Banana's:

My bananas's:

{{gwi:1122486}}

Lol yeah they are toast. But at least I am getting some new growth now :) Its growing kinda fast for this time of year. Hoping for some flowers when the weather warms up more.

Some other banana's:

Comparing damage-
    Even after the Artic blast which caused a little cooler temps than normal but with longer durations the bananas in this area still have green leaves. Some spotting and others untouched. But only the lower two/thirds.The top third is all fried. Some even have some ratty looking flowers and small banana's. Cold z10a or warm z9b? I'm still not quite sure what zone they are in. lol. These guys have no over head canopy. Mine has some canopy and on a southern wall. They are completely fried, we hit about 25f on one night and it even took out the leaves that are protected by the over hang. No green leaves at all unlike the ones below.

{{gwi:1122490}}

{{gwi:1122493}}

{{gwi:1122499}}

• us_marine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pt 5
    Other non palm trees/plants:

{{gwi:1122513}}

{{gwi:1122525}}

{{gwi:1122527}}

{{gwi:1122529}}

{{gwi:1122530}}

{{gwi:1122538}}

{{gwi:1122541}}

My plants:

Plums:

{{gwi:1122544}}

{{gwi:1122547}}

{{gwi:1122549}}

Cannas:

{{gwi:1122550}}

Pomegranate:

{{gwi:1122551}}

Bing Cherry:

{{gwi:1122561}}

Orange:

{{gwi:1122562}}

Its just at the begining of flowering.

Wild flower:

{{gwi:1122568}}

Peach:

Thanks for looking.Hows it going in other parts of the country?

- US_Marine

• ericthehurdler
    11 years ago

Woa nice fishtail! what garden is that at?

Looks like spring to me. :) woohoooo!
    but where are your palms?

• tropicalzone7
    11 years ago

Nice pics! Glad to see that spring is approaching fast in your area, hopefully it means that winter will be leaving my area soon too! I can definitely handle some 70s!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Alex