Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New robellini browning

Posted by bshirk none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 7:06

I have read alot of posts about this subject and it seems like numerous factors could cause browning. Im a little confused about what issue may apply to my situation. I want to get it taken care of before any irreversible damage occurs.
About a month ago I purchased a robellini from Home Depot. My "soil" in my yard is almost 100% sand so I purchased a miracle grow soil for in ground plants and mixed in about 40% with my existing sand. I planted it in a spot where it gets alot of sun, like the info on the plant said to. The younger fronds have started to take on a bronzish hue. None of them have died completely or fallen off. Could this be caused by a fungal issue. I also am worried that something in the miracle grow soil may be causing damage too.

Please help!
Thanks,
Beck

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New robellini browning

If it had been kept in shade previously the sudden move out into full sun could be the problem. They need to be hardened up gradually. Also overhead watering if your in a cooler climate. That does promote crown rot, and that results in spear pull.Check if the newer fronds will come out with a gentle pull.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here