Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weather (with a smile)...

Posted by mastiffhoo 7 (brianandshannonk@verizon.net) on
Tue, Mar 30, 10 at 7:43

Compared to last year (temperature wise), this year has so far been much better. Do most of you remember how long it seemed for spring to get here last year?
The forecast here for Lynchburg, Va looks pretty good -
next several days highs are forecasted for:
72, 84, 84, 85, 80, & 79

I'm lovin it, and hope my palms do too!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weather (with a smile)...

Last March was a little fickle started COLD warmed up nicely and finished cold(lasting into April)but this one has warmed up slowly and steadily until this week when the big warmth hits.
The nice thing is,it's staying consistent and above avg-

I don't think I have ever planted a banana in March before or had my stuff uncovered so early.
This spring has been nice and looks to stay that way,all the way out the next 15 days +.
Nice reward after such a long cold winter!(-:

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

o
RE: Weather (with a smile)...

Im actually pretty disappointed with this warm-up comming. So far the warmest temp in the forecast is Friday and thats only 71F. If you go just a little to my south high 70s and low 80s suddenly pop up in the forecast. But I guess its good not to rush the heat yet. When we got to 76F last week a lot of my plants burned. Still some 80s would do a great job drying everything up from this rain storm. Lowest day time temp in my forecast is about 60, the highest 71. Lowest temp in my forcast is 42, but most of the nights are in the upper 40s and low 50s (some approaching the mid 50s). Looks like my last frost has passed (hopefully). I still look out for them for a few weeks because you never know!

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here