Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palmtreeguy

Is my palm tree still healthy?

palmtreeguy
12 years ago

Sorry don't know how to embed. Last summer it only grew one frond and it broke before it even blossom. I don't understand why it did so poorly because my other palm trees saw tremendous growth and they were receiving the same fertilizer portions and water. Just hoping I have better results this time around.

http://i43.tinypic.com/r8xwjr.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/a125nl.jpg

Comments (6)

• us_marine
    12 years ago

I've used the same site as the one you used before to upload the pics. Whats weird is the code you have will work on other forums, but you need what I believe is the first set of codes for this forum.

What palm is it?

- US_Marine

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    12 years ago

Queen.

Doesn't look fine to me, looks like it is in a state of decline and needs basic food and water.
    I see no new spear at all.

And appropriately timed frond removal.
    Not too early so the crown stays nice and open and not too late because dead fronds are ugly.
    The biggest issues with Queens, IMO.

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

I would remove all dead fronds and see whats still green. If any fronds are green, then there is a chance it is still alive, but it might have a disease which would mean that further decline is a definite. It might just be lacking nutrients or water though, queens love lots of fertilizer and water during hot weather.
    Hope it makes it for you! Judging by all the spent blooming inflorescences, it seems like it used to be really healthy.
    -Alex

• us_marine
    12 years ago

What part of cali?

• palmtreeguy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah it's still has quite a few green fronds hanging on. I guess I'll will give it extra water this spring/summer.

• palmtreeguy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Also has those things that blossom a yellow flower thing. About two of them. Just a bit discouraged since this is the biggest palm tree I have.

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone