Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bradleyo_gw

Sorry for the iPhone pics on a dreary spring day, but....

bradleyo_gw
12 years ago

otherwise you wouldn't get any from me. Uploading from my camera is too complicated and involves a cord and computer knowledge. I now have a Photobucket app on my phone that is quite handy.

My overwintered trachy would have looked a lot better if I didn't fry it. My thermocube was not postitioned properly. When I finally got a thermometer in there 2 weeks later, I realized it was 122F! It's alive and growing, however almost all of the foliage was fried.

{{gwi:1125101}}

Pretty barren, just some bulbs coming up and perennials starting to emerge.

{{gwi:1125102}}

Zone 6 my a@#, the Summer Snow gardenia experienced 1 night at -4F, a handful of nights in the single digits, and an otherwise record setting winter with most days above freezing. It had a cage around it to protect from the deer and I wrapped some frost cloth as a wind barrier for maybe the coldest 5-6 weeks of the winter.

{{gwi:1125103}}

{{gwi:1125104}}

Everything looks pretty typical except the opuntia on the right. It sailed through the past 2 winters covered in snow and seeing much colder temps. It fell over this year and lost most of its color. I'm hoping to comes back.

{{gwi:1125105}}

{{gwi:1125106}}

Sabal minor largely undamaged with leaf mulch only for protection.

{{gwi:1123634}}

Yucca aloifolia - minimal damage, even dug up a few pups

{{gwi:1125107}}

My plants that I'm taking with me. I've dug up division of plants, rooted a few cuttings, and also stored several in my grow room. These have been outside for several weeks now. I have to pull them in . I'll be out of town and we may get a handful of frosts.

{{gwi:1125108}}

{{gwi:1125109}}

{{gwi:1125110}}

What's left in the basement

Growing some crapes and eucs from Cincy Frank

{{gwi:1125112}}

Thanks for looking

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting