Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Palms

Posted by Bob_in_AZ__Z9 none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 16:36

Hi. I planted 2 new palms last week. I got them from Home Depot. The Queen was $24 and the Pindo was $17.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Palms

Pindo.

o

if I could only find them at that size for those prices around here...very nice

o

Good looking Palms. Love the Pindo.

o

Hi. Walmart has good size fortunei palms with about 10" of trunk. I forgot the price but it was far less than what would be charged on the East coast. Home Depot also had excellent Phoenix roebellini. Triple and quad trunks, about 8" of trunk for $40. Very lush.

o

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!

Great looking palms, I can only find the usual cold hardies around here. For those speacial palms we have to go cross state.

o

Nice palms

o

Hi. Thanks to all. So far the palms I have seen for sale intended for outdoor planting here in this part of Arizona, (Casa Grande area) have been Brahea armata, Washintonia robusta and filifera, Phoenix dactylifera, canariensis, and roebellini, Butia capitata, Syagrus romanzoffiana, and Trachycarpus fortunei. Prices are a lot cheaper than houseplant prices.

o

Nice Bob-good luck with them!

o

Very nice! Those are great prices.
Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

o

No grass?

o

Man I miss Arizona. Nice palms btw, keep us updated with their future growth. I remember seeing really nice butia in Tucson, they seem perfectly suited for the climate down there.

o

Hi. I have some wild Bermuda grass that grows here and there. It browns out in the high heat of Summer. Some of the weeds I let grow out as the birds like to forage in it. Mostly it is gone in the Summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here