Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bloom'n Early

Posted by gatraffic (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 16:44

We have not had any real winter this year, so there off to the races.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bloom'n Early

They look great and this is definitely perfect weather for them to start blooming. Its been a mild winter and a warm spring and your palms are definitely taking advantage of that! Yours are a really nice size. I cant wait for mine to get that big sometime in the distant future!
Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

o

• Posted by butiaman 8a Douglasville,GA. (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 22:19

Hey gatraffic,
Those palms have really grown since you posted your last pictures of them.Looks like they might start producing seeds in a few years.The one in the back of the second pic.looks bigger than those too.What are you using to get such rapid growth?How's your big Needle palm doing?How did the Windmill palms you got cheap end up doing?You posted a pic.last year of them.You said something to the affect that the place you got them from was going to throw them in the dumpster,so you got them real cheap if I remember correctly.Anyhow your palms look great.

I'm growing 200 T.fortunei x wagnerianus from seeds this year.I also have 100 Sabal Louisiana seeds that have already started to come up :)

Your not joking about not having much of a winter.It was *84 here today.This was the first winter I left all my potted palms outside all winter,even my Phoenix sylvestris with no damages.

I hope everything is well with you and you wife.
Randy

o

Randy: Unfortunately the cheapies died, I have found that the needles realy don't grow much and one of my very large needles had a major spear pull last fall. I have about 5 of them around. The windmill in front of my door is now about 8' and still growing. I planted a couple little ones 2 years ago purchased from HD and they too have taken off. All the windmills are over 6' and it's interesting that coming from different vendors, HD, Loews, Pikes, that some grow taller while some grow in the girth, about 4 of them produce flowers.

The bananas [basjoos] have also started growing again, I just cut them down to ground level and put some 5 gallon buckets over them for winter. See ya!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here