Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Palms that grow in 8b and 9a

Posted by RichardC7 6b-7a (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 17:19

I'm moving to the Savannah / hilton head area next spring, and was just wondering what types or palms are successfully grown there?! accept the obvious palm (Cabbage) thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Palms that grow in 8b and 9a

Congrats on the move, sure you won't miss Pgh? Anyhoo, not a tremendous variety of palms however it's the perfect southern mix of live oaks, camellia, gardenias, mags, palms, cycads, agave and lots of other stuff. The palms are pretty much limited to sabals of all varieties, livistonas, washies, Serenoas, all the usual cold Hardies, a few dates here and there, med fans, etc. I don't think I'm missing anything but I'm sure there is experimentation as well. It's a beautiful area, one of my favorites. Good luck and post lots o pics!

o
RE: Palms that grow in 8b and 9a

bradleyo - i'm sure ill be back and forth all the time! I have free flying, so georgia is just an hour from pittsburgh! anyways, i've also seen queen palms on garden web in hilton head! Not sure how they will actually do, but I guess it will be an experiment!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here