Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimhardy_gw

Still looking mighty wintery around here!

jimhardy
11 years ago

Black(now brown)bamboo

Bamboo frosting

Luckily half the snow melted as it fell or there would be 2' on the ground now

Sequoia will have some nice color going into spring

Hopefully next week at this time there will be some palms in these pics!

This post was edited by jimhardy on Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 9:27

Comments (19)

• ericthehurdler
    11 years ago

yikes!

hope it starts springin for you soon.

lol while looking at your post an advertisement with snow flakes started falling all over the screen perfect touch to your post.

• jimhardy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I can wait until next year to see that(-;

It is supposed to snow again Monday-then hopefully,it gets better.

• miketropic
    11 years ago

you got all the snow..by the time it got here its been rain for about 5 days really nasty out there.

• chadec
    11 years ago

What ever mother nature is up to, it cant be good. We havent seen any serious winter yet. Even saw cherry trees in full bloom in town today. My guess is we are going to have a late freeze and its going to burn back a lot of plants.

• tropicalzone7
    11 years ago

Hopefully that all melts soon and we can start getting some things growing again! No snow on the ground here, but there were some flurries tonight that accumulated on my car. Looks like there is a slight chance for a huge storm this week by me, I love weather, but I'm definitely done with the snow, I'd rather see some 90s and thunderstorms! The forecast looks chilly to start but at least there are some 50s in the 10 day.

At least the really cold weather is over! It's only up from here.
    Your sequoia is looking great btw!
    -Alex

• miketropic
    11 years ago

I spoke to soon. woke up to a quarter inch fo snow on the ground and its still comming down..not happy. On a positive the weekend forcast says it should get up to 60.

• jimhardy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Forecast improves here but not before another winter storm
    with 4-10" of snow possible-after that,I can uncover some
    palms-light at the end of the snow tunnel I suppose 0:

• statenislandpalm7a
    11 years ago

Around me its been approaching 50 every day and nightly temperatures slightly above or at 32.

• miketropic
    11 years ago

its only 35 right now but the sun is bright and it has melted all of todays snow..things are looking up

• jimhardy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Looks like Wens or Thurs I will be able to turn some of the Sabals \Needles and the 3 biggest Trachys loose.-Yay!

• andyandy
    11 years ago

They are saying we may get a couple of inches tommorow night but that may be it. We are supppoed to warm up into the high 40s by the end of the week and into early next week.. it is March so if we can get through the next couple of weeks the odds of ssing more snow will really drop.

• jimhardy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

For sure....maybe another 3-6" here tonight/tomorrow but the weather improves after that-we just need to get rid of this snow cover and we would be having 50s+ instead of 30s and 40s!

• miketropic
    11 years ago

we have a advisory for tonight 2-4 inchs expected...then 62 on saturday. If that happens everything will get a nice breath of fresh air in this yard.

• tropicalzone7
    11 years ago

Saying 5-8 inches here in the next 2 days, not looking forward to it but at least temperatures will stay above 30F. I'm keeping most of the palms uncovered, I guess they will look nice in the snow and maybe the snow will straighten out the fronds a little bit since they got a bit bent from being in their protection this winter.

I'm hoping spring comes (and stays) soon!
    -Alex

• jimhardy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We are getting rid of our snow now...I hope your palms are big enough to take the snow-I keep it off the small ones this time of year(-:
    hopefully it will warm up quickly afterwords...

• miketropic
    11 years ago

Nice day ydsterday with a high of 53 and sunny all day...today suppose to be 66 can't wait

• bananafan
    11 years ago

Jimhardy,

You've really taken good care of your palms and tropicals ... frankly I'm impressed how you've been able to protect them so well where you are! I hope they'll take off quickly when the warm weather hits there. Do update more as they grow.

By the way, nice house and front yard. I like your arch-shaped window.

• tropicalzone7
    11 years ago

The snow didnt stay around long so none of the palms got damaged by the weight (once the storm stopped last night the snow immediately started to melt off of the trees). We reached 58F today with a LOT of sun so all that's left of the snow are a few small patches here and there which should be gone by tomorrow. Gotta love march snow storms! Hopefully this is the last of them!
    -Alex

• miketropic
    11 years ago

only made it to 63 today but it was full sun so I was happy. might hit that 70 mark tomm but I see alot of rain in the future.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm