Here's my Wodveitchia in 2007.

photo Wodveitchia2007_zpsd1274aad.jpg

Now about seven years later.

photo 1173_zpsad138996.jpg

The two palms to the right are Royals.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wodveitchia 7 years later

Wow, that is so beautiful! Wodveitchia is without a doubt one of my favorite palm tree hybrids. They seem to do fantastic on the west coast. Looks like your yard has gotten very lush and tropical over the last 7 years. Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

o

Nice! Where did you buy your wodveitchia? I can only find dealers in San Diego who sell large palms. I'd like to try my hand with a younger palm and San Diego is a long way to drive for a palm. I'd consider going to the LA Basin for one though, I'm only 3 hours north of LA.

o

Wow, you made a tropical paradise! So envious.

o

Damn! That looks so good! Where are you in Southern California? and where did you get that palm? Everything looks tropically awesome!

o

• Posted by cagary zone 10 CA (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 19:55

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I got the palm at Rancho Solidad Nursery in north San Diego County. I'm in south Orange County.

Here's another look at the palm from the front door.

photo 1169_zpsd850b104.jpg

Here's a veiw of the front walkway. The large palm frond in the center is from a triple Chambeyronia macrocarpa. To the right is a Clinostigma savoryanum. The small palm to the left is a Lytocaryum weddellianum.

photo 1166_zpsddd12f56.jpg

o

That is not a Wodyetia, or foxtail, that's a foxy lady palm (Wodyetia X Veitchia).

o

• Posted by cagary zone 10 CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 19:23

Didn't call it a Wodyetia, or foxtail. I called it a Wodveitchia or Wodyetia bifurcata X Veitchia arecina (Foxy Lady Palm).

o

Looks great,suits the climate very well.That's about as tall as I've seen,any idea what the ultimate height is or are we in new territory already?
Hows the Delonix doing, Gary?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here