Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robert_howard4832304

new windmills

Robert Howard
11 years ago

My windmill palms arrived today!!! Delivered from Chillypalmtrees.com. I highly recommend ordering from them. Any advice is welcome. New comer to growing palms in the Bronx,

Comments (8)

• prinbama
    11 years ago

Good Looking Palms. Make sure you protect them the first couple of winters while the roots get well extablished.

This post was edited by prinbama on Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 19:52

• tropicalzone7
    11 years ago

Wow, those look great! What size are they? I've heard good things about chillypalmtrees, I'm glad to see it now too!
    -Alex

• chadec
    11 years ago

Very nice looking trachies. One of my sabal Birminghams came from them. It has been very hardy for me. I always recomend a N.C. grower.

• andyandy
    11 years ago

Looks great, i'm going to check their website out.

• andyandy
    11 years ago

Bronxboy-
    May I ask how long after you ordered them that they arrived?

• jacklord
    11 years ago

Looking good.

Where in the Bronx are you located? Country Club? I attended Fordham and miss the Bronx.

• Robert Howard
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Guys, Sorry it took so long for me to respond to everyone. Having computer problems. Using my 7 years old laptop.
    AndyAndy from what i understand, Sean from Chillypalms does a March run up north once a year. I pre ordered them about 2 weeks before he left for his trip (deliveries). He already had his trip planned out to make deliveries. He squezzed me in his itinary.Thank god i did. I was very happy with the palms i recieved.
    Alex the trachys are about 3 foot of trunk with huge canaopies, delivered in 30 gallon pots. I was not expecting them to be so big. I heard they have a better chance of survival when there planted bigger? At least i hope!
    Jacklord, i am located on City Island, a tiny island off the northeast Bronx. Country Club is across the bay from me.
    Lets hope spring weather comes soon. Im watching my newly planted trachys get snowed on as i type!! Kinda getting a little worried, since i just planted them a week ago. Theres nothing i can do now, just pray that the weather breaks soon. I called Sean from Chillypalms and he told me to just leave them alone. Anyway it would be to much work to protect them temporarily. Im sure its going to be fun building shelters for them next winter.
    o well good luck to all

• jacklord
    11 years ago

Sure I know City Island very well. Great place- Sammys, the Reef, etc.

Sean did a delivery to my house in Maryland a couple of years ago and I was not disapointed.