Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My palm is about to die

Posted by miketropic 6B - 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 19:31

I just went in and checked on my var Raphis palm and it is all wilted over and looks like its about to die.. 20+ canes and every one is wilted it was fine this morning when I came home..it is near a window and I opened the blind up to get some light today but the sun wasn't that bright I can't see that causing it to wilt all in 12 hours. Anyone with ideas please let me know. Also how tough are these palms will it come back if I keep it moist and dark? my other one with heavier var. gets more sun and seems fine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My palm is about to die

Possible you let it get too dry? One of my favorites for indoors, BUT I did once have one die due to dryness. They tend not to show stress, then collapse suddenly if water stressed. They are not as drought tolerant as many palms and will also show burn from excess sun. The sun is very strong this time of year--despite the current, aberrant cold in many parts. Once they do get to this point, it is likely too late.

o
RE: My palm is about to die

Hey Mike!

How's the Patient doing? Post a pic if the little fella is on the mend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here