Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
test

Posted by mastiffhoo Lynchburg, Va (brianandshannonk@verizon.net) on
Mon, Mar 19, 12 at 19:37

Here are my cold hardy citrus trees (only 2)

The leaves have not completely filled in, so they look a bit bare. The biggest one is about 8', after late winter pruning:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Banana's are getting an early start:

Photobucket

Windmill - no protection (ever) The first pic is 4 summers ago (little guy was about knee high). The second was taken today. The tallest front is about 7' and about 3' of trunk (give or take)
Photobucket

Same Windmill today:
Photobucket

Photobucket

View from my side/back yard (I love living in Virginia)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: test

Mastiffhoo: Me too, Virginia in Zone 7 this year was about a Zone 9 this winter and there is no end to the warm weather in sight! We are also posting some cool stuff with videos on the Virginia Palm Society board. Hope to see you there too.

o

Nice pics! The trachy is growing really well. I noticed that they dont seem to start growing well until their 3rd summer, but after that they really shoot up! The hardy citrus look good too and I like the view a lot. Definitely a great reason to love VA!
Thanks for sharing
-Alex

o

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I actually forgot about the Virginia Palm Soc board, I will re-check it out :)

Alex, I agree - This Windmill was very stagnant the first couple years but really shot up after that...

o

Looking good!

What a beautiful area to live in!!!!

Find more about Weather in Fairfield, IA
Click for weather forecast

o

Thank you Jim, I am MORE than blessed!

o

Great view. Looks like Daniel Boone or Thomas Jefferson is going to come riding down the ridge.

Nice Poncirus too.

o

Nice pictures and beautiful yard and secenery

o

Thanks Jack and Kelly! I really do love where I live!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here