Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
applying Neem oil

Posted by debrichard z5 Mich (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 20:22

Help, the spider mites won't go away! About every couple of weeks i still see webs, close to the stem of my 13+ ft. queen palm. I have been soaking a rag with watered down neem oil per directions, and applying as well as I can. Any other suggestions for applying neem/getting rid of spider mites? Can't spray because it's in my living room!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: applying Neem oil

Whenever I've used neem oil I drench the plants until dripping. If you have to take it outside on a day to spray it I would. I would hose it down first and the clean off any trace of the mites before spraying . It should be warm enough that it could tolerate a brief amount of time in the 50s. Also, it won't be long before it can go out for good, so be patient.

o

Well, I just checked the label on my organicide and I did not see neem oil in the ingredient list it says sesame oil as main! What should I go and pick up or can I make a mix of soap, water? Should I treat the soil?

o

How often are you misting it? If you mist both sides of the fronds at least 2-3 times a week for a while you'll get rid of them. And after a few weeks you wont have to mist as much to keep them away. I had to do that to keep spider mites off my coconut palms.
And I agree with bradelyo. If you can you should take it outside and hose it down pretty good.

- US_Marine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here