Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my sago palm doesn look that good

Posted by 555ania555 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 2:56

my husband got me a sago palm about 2 month ago, it was in a pot with some stones on top. the palm was so nice looking, very green. but after couple weeks the bottom leaves started to dry out. It started in the middle of the leave and was spreading until all leave was totally dry. So all 5 bottom ones dried out. I cut them off. The rest of them where still very green, but now it started again and it spreading sooo fast ,and if will not do something my plant will just dry out. Help me please!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my sago palm doesn look that good

There is always hope.

I image you have been watering it as per instructions and keeping it away from hot radiators etc..

What zone are you? Once its warm enought and place it outside in direct sun and do not overwater or underwater. It will send out a whole new set of leaves from the middle center once its in the direct sun. They will almost look alien at first.

o
RE: my sago palm doesn look that good

im in the zone 5b. and im doing everything by instruction. I dont think it will survive till the warm weather. today it looks even worse. will it still be alive with out any leaves?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here