Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rosebellinii Palm Over watered

Posted by wazzy8 MN (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 10:46

A friend of mine recently gave me a Rosebellinii Palm it is about 4 foot tall and has 3 stalks to it. It is in it's original pot as it was just purchased. However she had over watered it. I would say it was about 2 days being pretty wet. I have now gotten the soil to a drier state. All of the green palms have dried up and are "crunchy" Is there any Hope of me saving this Palm?? If so How? Should I remove the dead palms? Transplant it? I live in MN so it is a "indoor" plant here Thanks for your Help with this

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rosebellinii Palm Over watered

I wouldnt let it get too dry, but they should not need more than a good soaking once a week indoors. Try to keep it alive while indoors and if it is still green once summer comes, you should take it outside where (if given daily water when hot outside), it should hopefully recover.

Good luck!

o
RE: Rosebellinii Palm Over watered

should I cut all the dead leaves off? also I live in a south facing apartment with the deck also facing south so it will get full sun all day into the evening - I just don't want to cook it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here