Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I buy good quality palm fertilizer?

Posted by Raisingirl 9b (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 11:23

Good morning!

I'm in Lake County, FL and in search of fertilizer for my palms, specifically Lesco 8-2-12. It seems like the Lesco brand is good quality and can also be used on other landscaping shrubs and bushes with no problems, which I liked. I'd like to keep my fertilizing straight forward if possible. :)

If not Lesco, what fertilizer do you recommend for palms?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I buy good quality palm fertilizer?

Ok,you can laugh,but I always like EB Stone's brand ferts. Premium prices...but whenever I've used it.. I see a flush of deep green come over my palms,tree ferns and Mango tree in a matter of days.The drawback is the expense.

The funny part is...it has bat guano. That's the only ingredient I see on the the label that I don't see on other brands.

o

Haha! I'll look into that one. Thank you!

o

Which EB Stone do you use?

Dr Earth is also good.

o

Mostly the one for "Tropical's"...but some I bought for Tomatoes was down to just a handful..so I tossed under the young Mango tree..and,again that nice dark green flush came over the tree over the days.
I once was in the profession of plant growing,and mentioned that on a trade online journal. And some said,that they thought it was the type of iron used in the fertilizer. All I can say is,ten years later..I still see better results with EB Stone..and I know its a hoot to say bat guano..but whatever the exact reason,its good..but premium priced,stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here