Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Online Palm Tree Vendors?

Posted by ana_bananatree 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 11:58

Hi Everyone!

I am currently looking to buy a Lady Palm (Rhapis Excelsa) to grow indoors. I have called almost all the nurseries and garden shops in my area, and none have it in stock (they tell me it is not cold hardy in my zone and they don't carry indoor trees). Does anyone have recommendations for online vendors they have successfully dealt with and consistently produce quality trees? I really would rather see a tree in person before purchasing, but I'm not sure that would be an option in my case since nobody carries them here. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Online Palm Tree Vendors?

Realpalmtrees.com (in Florida) Hands down one of the best sellers/growers. Only problem is they are quite expensive. If price is not a big factor you would do quite well buying from them. Their palms are certified and guaranteed. I got an Xmas palm from them a couple years ago and it shipped in the pot and was (and still is) perfect. It was about 6' tell when I bought it. Good luck, I'm sure others here will chime in with plenty of other trusted sellers too.

o

Thank you mnpalms! I'll have a look at their site.

o

home depot always has them

o

An ebay palm nursery MB-Palms has the best prices of any online vendor I've seen. I just bought 3 Pindo palm seedlings "super blue" variety for $6. They are located in Orlando and will combine shipping. Prices at Florida nurseries have plummeted since the housing market collapsed in 2007. Prices at Home Depot are the highest anywhere I've seen, buy from them only if no other option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here