Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
us_marine

New palm planted

us_marine
11 years ago

My newest palm: Should I spray the fronds every once in a while to keep humidity up while its getting used to being in the ground? Low humidity and it just gonna keep getting drier as summer approaches. Today is going to be in the 80f's and in the next few days we are supposed to hit the 90f's.

Micro-climate spot

I believe this is usually the warmest spot in winter. About 5 or so degrees warmer than the open. Banana's that are closest to the wall on most winters ( average lowest winter temp is about 27f but we do get z10a and z9a winters at times) dont even get frost damaged. However away from the wall they do get frost damaged every year. And I think that even on the worse of winters this spot wont deep below 25f and if it does not for long. This palm is marginal here. But I do see them around. Some of them are in much better micro-climates with more over head canopy and wind breaks but some hardly have anything protecting them and they have been here a few years. Even survived down to low 20f's.

Some of my other plants:

Banana's.

Mine seem to lagging this year. Other banana's near by already have 2 or 3 leaves...

Comment (1)