hzdeleted_21934719

Heading for 90 F. tomorrow.

User
12 years ago

Are you ready for the heat this early?

Comments (12)

• chadec
    12 years ago

Hit 81F today and should be 82F tomorrow. Rest of the week is below 80F with rain 2 days. So I guess Im getting lucky!

• mastiffhoo
    12 years ago

Ditto on the 90 for here too.

• us_marine
    12 years ago

Nice warm up over here in the west finally. Getting back to normal highs and lows and no rain for a bit :)

- US_Marine

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Supposed to get to 88F today, so far the highest temperature according to my yard weather station is only 83F (I say only because it feels much hotter with dew points in the 60s currently and the sun shining bright).

I noticed many nursuries now have annuals in stock with Home Depot probably having the most in stock right now. My plants are outside now and the yard is way ahead of last year!

Im going to post some pics of my plants soon! Also, my Ice Plants just started blooming today and the cannas survived the winter and are quickly coming up!

-Alex

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Blooming for me are the azaleas, iris, bleeding heart, Citrus, lilac, ajuga, and camellias. No, it didn't get to 90 here eIther--maxed out at 87. Sunny, dry week but I see the chance for 1-2 inches of rain in the extended so I'm thrilled. Glad I decided on a Mediterranean-themed garden for the south side of the house--Med fan, ice plants, lavender, lots of rosemary, a pomegranate, and hardy cactus as ground cover.

• wetsuiter
    12 years ago

Hit 88 on my thermometer. Not ready for that. We're already in severe drought according to the last maps I saw.

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

So far I have Pansies, some other annuals, "Kramer's Supreme" Camellia, Camellia "Herme", Variegated vinca, Tulips, Delosperma (Ice Plants), mandevileas, and bougainvilleas all in bloom. I got the mandevillas from Home Depot which is why they are blooming so early and the Bougainvillea was blooming indoors and I just took it out so that's why thats blooming well. They were liking the heat!
    Right now its still in the 70s outside and its 2am! Never did get past the 83F, but thats fine with me for now!

Wetsuiter, looks like rain in the forecast for most of the east coast this weekend. That might end this drought or at least help a little bit! Seems like rain and cool weather dominates the forecast this weekend into next week so I'm not worried about the drought, or at least not yet.
    -Alex

• wetsuiter
    12 years ago

We're coming off of a very dry summer 2011, while NJ, PA and points north were flooding. Almost no precip over the winter and now dry, dusty soils in what is normally our wettest month. Calling for showers tomorrow. We'll see.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay, now it looks like big rain is approaching for late weekend into early next week. Copious moisture from tropical Atlantic and Gulf will be meeting up in the East. Hearing predictions of several inches with potential for flooding. Looks like the opposite side of the coin! Hope you see some in Delaware!

• wetsuiter
    12 years ago

Well we got NOTHING today. Radar was nice and green, but nothing more than spit. Weekend looking more promising.

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Weekend should bring some much needed rain and some very cool temperatures. Weather.com says we wont get out of the 40s! Havent seen high temperatures that cold here since March 31st and then March 10th was the 2nd closest time we last failed to break 50F. Im fine with average temperatures. Today got to 66F which is our exact average and it was a nice day! Tomorrow and saturday should be well into the 70s. Hopefully the plants soak up the sun now because they will be starting next week with cold and gloom.
    -Alex

• us_marine
    12 years ago

We might reach 90f finally :) For the longest time its been cooler than average, and alot more rainy than usual. We are getting back to average temps, with the next few days above :) Coconut's gonna love this weather. And the first flowers will bloom out on my Star Jasemine.

- US_Marine

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County