Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicpalms

ordering palms online advise...?

tropicpalms
14 years ago

I have ordered many palms off E-Bay and online nurseries, I haven't ever had this many problems... I always try to order palms near or at least within the same coast so the traveling/shipping time isnt too long... I always plant the palms within 5-10 min of the package arriveing. Anyway I ordered an Purple king palm and a Flamethrower palm they both took about 3 weeks to arrive after I ordered them and both got spear pull within 2 days after arriving! I barley pulled on the spear also. I was soo frustrated to see this happen! I have been tryin to contact the seller and I told him what happened and he wont respond or reply at all. I don't know what to do I dont wanna be "SOL". I really want to order good palms this makes me think twice about ordering online. -Justin in VB

Comments (12)

• mastiffhoo
    14 years ago

oh boy, that is a bad situation. Can you give the name of the seller?

• tropicalzone7
    14 years ago

A very bad situation. I would keep on trying to contact them via email, and maybe even by phone if possible. I hope they refund you! Good luck!

• tropicpalms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

sure its Ravaka1 from Florida... Thanks to all of you for the concern. I really hope something is done about this. Ill keep everyone posted. thanks again -Justin in VB

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    14 years ago

Hey Justin,

Did you contact E-Bay? Maybe you can submit a complaint to them...or even BBB... At least let the buyer know that you are going to make a complaint if they don't try and work with you...You only want what was promised!!!

Hope you get some satisfaction!!!

Keep us updated...

Laura in VB

• brooklyngreg
    14 years ago

With some cold nights around variuos areas, my guess is that the palms probably were left out too long in a cold truck or cold location.

Its still the sender's responsibility because she/he may have been cheap and sent it the long 3 week route increasing chances.

What is the sellers info so we do not buy from them?

• butiaman
    14 years ago

Justin, as Laura said you can send your complaint to the resolution center on my ebay.I had to do that one time and they put the money that I had sent the seller back in my paypal account.Ebay will take care of you but you have to open a case against the seller.

• eriktampabay
    14 years ago

Justin, When purchasing Palms on ebay you should insure they are a certafied nursery. There are a lot of backyard gardeners who's palms are not properly cared for and can spread disease and other critters. I sell palms on ebay all the time.. You should be sure that when you recieve your palms that there is a nursery certification sticker on the package with there nursery license.

If they do not have a license I would suggest reporting them to ebay as it is illegal to sell plants state to state with out some sort of certification. that would insure he stops the sales to any other unfortunate individuals as there is a hefty fine for doing so.

• tropicpalms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes I need to submitt something to E-Bay and notify them of the problem.the seller also has a nursery in florida called seabreezenursery and again theese palms were ordered and fully paid (over $165) on march 25 and recieved april 12 if im not mistaken on a monday and they probally sat all weekend down the street in a box also. But I have ordered many many palms over the internet over the last few years and never had a problem like this...he looked like a really good seller and good sized palms, I think i may always pay extra for overnight the plants to ensure quality! thanks again! -Justin

• brooklyngreg
    14 years ago

Hi Justin, you sound pretty disappointed and like everyone said voice your complaint. I bet the seller will make good on the purchase if you call them as well. If you used a cc then place the purchase in dispute as well.

The whole crossing state line thing is new to me with regard to plants. I bought a needle palm on ebay for $2 and it did well. However, $165 is a lot of dough these days.

• jimhardy
    14 years ago

As mentioned file a complaint with E-bay/Paypal -
    transactions are guaranteed.

It may take a while but you will get all your money back,
    I have had to do this twice.

• tropicpalms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for everyones advise... I filed a complaint to e-bay or "opened a case" i dont know much about this but i told them my problem... funny cuz the seller wouldnt answer me at all after like 15 ignored messages i sent him a mean message sayin i saw pissed and would like something to be done! i was super nice until this point... and then he says he has responded to every e-mail but i much not have gotten it hahahaha but suddenly i get this one saying how rude i am and how he sent it to e-bay saying i was sending a mean message to him lol. funniest thing i have ever heard. BEWARE of this seller RAVAKA1 someone else just gave him negative response for a yellow palm tree... I have never ordered xpensive palms and gotten rptten spear pulled crap. the other palms i ordered at the same time from a diff person are doing soo well. thanks again for all the help. -Justin in VB

• jimhardy
    14 years ago

Right on JVB
    E-bay will get you your money back!