Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthworm73

Some spring photos

earthworm73
11 years ago

Since it was almost 70F today (actually for the past few days) I thought I would take some pics of my palm kids. I think the things planted out with no protection did very well this summer. We had a zone 9 winter (lowest temp recorded at my house was 25F overnight).

Mt. Baker one hour or so drive from my house. By the look of that glacier we should be good for water this winter. That's unless the mountain wakes up and decides to spew hot ash, lava and mud everywhere then we are so screwed (nervous).

W. Robusta took the cage off about 3 weeks ago. I turned on the Christmas lights when temps dropped under 29F at night.

T. Princeps had a cage only to keep it dry. Putting out new growth already.

T. Fortunei and S. Louisiana (and a big mint weed to the right). Neither had any protection.

Close up of Louisiana.

My little shop of horrors. A look inside of my (very) portable greenhouse.

My jubaea c. on the right. I wonder what the heck is wrong with it?

T. "Takil" remember I had to trunk cut this at the end of last winter. Nice recovery.

My Chinese Fan Palm (multiple plants) not bad damage. Should recover well.

S. Brazoria. Slooowly growing.

Eager banana. It looks like crap cuz it couldn't wait to come up even though we still are having cool nights/mornings. Sorry for the garbage cans.

Everything in the ground with the exception of the takil has only seen one summer/winter cycle. I think they are off to a good start. If anyone wants to know what I have growing in the pots in the greenhouse just ask.

Thanks for looking.

Comments (4)