Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
james760

Newbies in the ground

james760
11 years ago

ive been very busy this spring & i still have alot to plant still but hes some of the palms i planted so far, (Warning)

lots of pics!

first is a pic of my queen palm planted out this Oct. & pulled through fine ,despite some brown on the tips of the newer leaves.center still growing & green! plan on fertilizing it well,along with tons of water.should get established by this winter. & 2 mediterraneans planted out late Feb. came thru prefect,despite a hand full of mid 20's! both flowering, think a male & female?

this is my (jungle) i plan on creating a little jungle here with a bench in the back corner blocked by all the palm trees. a place to sit & relax ahhh... in front 2 brahea edulis,pindo in middle & 2 burnt cali fans in back. cali fans planted out early Feb. took a beating but still alive & growing. i planted them in back as a wind block plus shade, there south facing since 75% of are strong winds come from. i still have a bunch more to plant here, will update when i do.

sabal pumos

Trithrinax brasiliensis,love this palm!

Phoenix theophrastii & a pic with both T.brasiliensis & P.theophrastii.

Sabal blackburniana.

Acolorrhaphe wrightii(everglades palm)

Livistona nitida.

Nannorrhops arabic(iranian silver)this is a seedling so i hope it survives, diffidently have to protect this one!

chamaerops humilis cerifera(blue med. palm) these need to be planted asap but i think i have 2 females, i will no in a few more weeks & if so trade it for a male.

suspect male(possibly female)next to tiny Nannorrhops.

Phoenix canariensis just planted out today,survived all winter in a pot that got blow down many times & first of all bought it from a nursery that had it blown down on the floor to begin with, with no water source but rain in the middle of winter in a zone higher than me! hope the big guy makes it!

Next are a few pics of my backyard (nursery)

mostly 5& 15gal pindos & trachys!

Abunch of mediterraneans!

A row of 5 & 15gal mediterraneans!

A row of 25gal mediterraneans & a 15gal Phoenix reclinata in the middle that needs to get planted!

Some 25gal mexican fans that all got burnt this winter but survived! same story as the canary, bought from a zone higher than me in mid winter!

Some 15gal Yucca pendulas

Some mix palms, braheas,trithrinaxs,blue meds, cali fans, phoenixs,sagos etc...

Comments (6)