Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pj_orlando_z9b

needle transplant update and other stuff

pj_orlando_z9b
11 years ago

For those that were curious about how needles transplant, it seems that they move just fine. Just make sure to grab as big a root ball as you can. It's growing...you can see the marker movement in just 7 days after transplanting.

Determination! It doesn't look the best but I can say that a robusta survived unprotected for a Maryland winter. :) Hopefully it gets some decent growth this summer. Then I'll protect it.

So this is my miracle and unexplained plant. Nice hosta, but I never planted a hosta there. About 4 years ago, I planted a coleus. It didn't like the hot location and died back. Next spring, a hosta popped up (nobody in the neighborhood has that variety). Oh well, I like it.

If you can grow Blue Oats Grass in your climate, do it. This picture doesn't do justice for the blue color it sports. Great border and accent plants.

When I moved the needle, I wanted to put in everygreen shrubs to keep some color in the landscape bed. Went with this Euonymus fortunei 'Moonshadow'. Definitely a good choice. You can see a fiber optic grass plant trying to come back. They are rated z8a plants so not sure it is a good plant to use as a perennial in z7a.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio