Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Noticing the little things

Posted by dixieboy z8 innercoast NC (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 11 at 9:47

In recent days i've just noticed the rusty or reddish tinge to the cut off boots at the base of our sabals & realize i really like the look! Here's what i've found while look'in a little deeper, next pic
Photobucket

S.birmingham, next pic
Photobucket

Notice the older lower boots on the s.palmetto, they've turned to a bland coloration, next pic
Photobucket

Whereas the upper newer boots sport the rusty coloration, i like the rusty colors while they last, what do you'all think?? Noticing the little things!! lol
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Noticing the little things

WOW! Your palms are amazing! The trunks are so nice too!
Not having any palms that big, make me unqualified to answer your question. haha I like the look on yours though! :)

o

palmcitrusbanana, glad you enjoyed the lesson today! lol Thanks

o

Very nice palms. I like the coloring on the leaf boots. I think it has to do with the boots still being alive and while they are drying out they turn that colors. The older leaf boots are dead and lost their color but they still stay on the palms

o

statenislandpalm, hey maybe its dried blood & takes awhile for it to fade!! lol Like you, i like the look whatever the reason! Thanks.

o

lol

o

Regardless of which color one likes, Dixieboy hit nail on the head. We all should slow down and take time to enjoy and really see what's around us.

o

Chadec, there you go, lets all stop & smell the roses! Thanks

o

Speaking of coloration, the evening sun high lighting the spanish moss on our crepe myrtle springs it to life also.
Photobucket

o

Nice pic I like the arangment of the yucca,cactus, and the trachy

o

statenislandpalm thanks, it's gett'in a little crowded in there these days!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here