Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Manganese sulfate for withering sago

Posted by chicy724 8 (My Page) on
Fri, May 28, 10 at 15:04

Our sago's new leaves have what I've discovered is called "frizzle top". The new leaves are curling and spots of it are turning brown. They say to spray the leaves with manganese sulfate, and fertilize with such. We put in Jobe's palm fertilizer spikes this past weekend.

I am trying to find manganese sulfate to mix and spray on the leaves and only find it on alpha chemicals and it says it is only 32% mn. Is this okay? I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Would I just mix 3x the amount because it's such little manganese concentration?

Thanks for any help. I want to get my poor little sago back to health, it's only been in the ground for a few months! Thank you all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Manganese sulfate for withering sago

Is it also possible that the mulch we have covering it shouldn't be there? Perhaps it is keeping too much moisture?
We have it planted with two white indian hawthornes and used miracle grow tree and shrub soil when planting. I think we were wrong in using that type of soil without proper fertilization after planting. We are new to this. :) oops!
Any help on the manganese and other pointers on how to keep our sago at its best health are appreciated.

Thank you!

o
RE: Manganese sulfate for withering sago

Let's see some pictures to help diagnose the problem

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here