Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Think my J. Chilensis will recover?

Posted by earthworm73 WA z8b/9a (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 16:06

I got this 5 gallonish CWP at the beginning of the year. I placed it into my sometimes heated greenhouse for the winter. Unfortunately that greenhouse was often very humid during the day and night. After about a month in the greenhouse I noticed it started to gradually yellow mostly on the strap leaves until it looks like this pic today. The second pic is what it looked like a few days after delivery. I think the yellowing is from being in the humid conditions of the greenhouse. Or it could be from delivery shock? Do you think it has a chance of recovering from this episode? The yellowing doesn't seem to be progressing and I think I am seeing some movement in the spear but I could be wishful thinking.

photo jubaea003_zps848f7a00.jpg

j.chilensis010612 photo palms002-1.jpg

Find more about Weather in Blaine, WA
Click for weather forecast

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Think my J. Chilensis will recover?

Make sure the water is draining good and not holding standing water in the pot. Spray with a fungicide and it should be OK. I say "should" because it appears to look OK by the pic. Good luck.

o

I thought that wine palms prefer cooler, dryer conditions. I would take it out of the greenhouse and see if it does better.

o

Thanks guys. IB I took it outta that greenhouse a couple weeks ago. I kinda put in there to keep it dry during winter and kinda forgot about it. It is now still in the pot but sitting in my best microclimate. Our rainy season is over so no worries about the thing staying too wet. We are very dry every month of summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here