Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bradleyo_gw

Weekend update

bradleyo_gw
11 years ago

I'm sore! Just removed 1000 sq. feet of sod this weekend for my new beds. Still lots of work to do before I can kick back and relax. Next up amend and rototill, plant and mulch. Probably a months worth of work ahead still.

Doesn't look like much, but it's 55 feet long and I guesstimated 6 feet wide on average.

It took half a day, because it is on the far side of my back yard and there is a slight hillbetween the pool and the deck that required a running head start with the wheel barrow, kicked my a@#!

I thought I was going to poop out by noon, so instead of hauling it all up the hill, I layed it under my deck so I only had to go halfway up the hill.

I finished the back bed and these 2 side beds yesterday. I could have gotten it all done if my dumpsite wasn';t so far away. A dump trip took 30 minutes round trip between the drive and the emptying of the truck.

I finished the front bed right before it started to rain this morning.

Found a Hopi crape myrtle at the Lowe's in Morgantown. Sioux is also from Morgantown, WV.

Some of my newer plants, picked up a daisy gardenia and confederate jasmine at the Lowe's in Cumberland, Md.

My BBB is getting some flowers 1 week after planting.

I took a pic of my neighbors mag, unsure of the variety. Picture not great, took it at max zoom, they were home and I didn't want to seem like a stalker. This is the mag that's 18yo and only about 10 feet tall. I'll get a better pic when they're not home, it's weird looking though.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures