Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chachacharlie

My Garden in May

chachacharlie
11 years ago

Just an update of how my old and new plants are doing. The weather here in coastal Los Angeles (Santa Monica) has been great, very mild, day temps in the mid to low 70s, night temps in the low 60s, humidity nice and comfy. I've replaced a lot of plants with a good variety of tropical succulents. These new additions have added so much color and texture to my garden, plus they are super easy to take care of. All of my palms (kings, chamaedora, pigmy dates and areca) are doing fantastic, growing lots. New additions include: a new Hawaiian Ti "Lilinoe" since the one that I had was destroyed by a powerful wind storm here in L.A earlier this year, a Hawaiian Ti "Soledad", several Jade Crassula Ovata, various types of tropical aeoniums such as Kiwis, Velour, Variegatta White, Sunburst and Schwarzkopf, a new variegated agave attenuata, a cordyline banksii "Electric Pink", a Dwarf schefflera Hawaiian Umbrella tree, a Giant Bird of Paradise plus several other types of tropical succulents I really can't remember the names of. My Silver Lady tree fern is HUGE, it has almost tripled the size since last year. The bougainvillea is now starting to bloom again and it is getting ready to explode with color. The King Sago is opening its third set of fronds since I got it, so it is nice and lush. Anyways, enjoy!

Hawaiian Ti Lilinoe, Dwarf Hawaiian Umbrella and Philodendron Xanadu

King Palm, Aeoniums Velour and Kiwi, Crassula Ovata and Ti Plant Soledad

Ti Plant Soledad flowering

Pigmy Dates, Philodendron Xanadu, Areca, Giant Bird of Paradise and

Crassula Ovata

Areca, Giant Bird of Paradise and Statue

Areca and Giant B of Paradise (Areca has grown insane)

Pigmy Date, Aeonium Velour and Agave Attenuata Variegated

Aeonium Trio and Balinese statue

Silver Lady Tree Fern

Pigmy Date and Silver Lady Fern

Succulent Arrangement

Cordyline Banksii Electric Pink and Variegated Ivy

King Sago opening new set of fronds

Agave Attenuate and Bougainvillea

Indoor Chamaedora

Indoor Succulents

Indoor Raphis Palm (3 years and still doing great)

Comments (4)