Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know of coconut palms for sale between Orlando & Lake City

Posted by va_canuck 8A (My Page) on
Tue, May 18, 10 at 19:28

I'm in Orlando until Friday, and I will be driving back to Lake City before I pick up some things to take home. Does anyone know where I can get a coconut palm in Orlando, Ocala, Gainesville, or Lake City? I've called all over and can't find any.

Jacksonville is also a potential choice. I might even be desperate enough to run out to Tampa one night this week if I can get one there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know of coconut palms for sale between Orlando & Lake

What size? I see large ones at many nurseries around. 1 right by my house, Royal Mulch and Landscape, just got five 20 footers. Also sell smaller potted ones but they got severely damaged in the freeze. Another place is Pleasant Acres which is on the east side of Orlando. John Deere Landscape also tends to stock them.

o
RE: Anyone know of A coconut palms for sale between Orlando & Lak

Most Orlando area Wal Mart, HD, and Lowes commonly have small ones if that's what you're looking for.

o

I have hit every Home Depot, Lowes, and Wal Mart in Orlando I can find. Nobody has any that I can find. If you know of a specific one that would be cool.

As for what size - 6 foot max. It needs to fit in my car.

o

• Posted by kinzyjr Lakeland, FL 9a (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 17:45

The Home Depot on the south side of Lakeland had 4 of them in 3 gallon pots. The price was $15.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here