Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hardypalmfreak

Finally Some Higher Temps in NYC

HardyPalmFreak
12 years ago

85 degrees tomorrow in NYC!! Finally some summer temps making there way into the tri-state area!

Comments (15)

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

I hope the clouds dont get in the way of the nicer temperatures! It looks like nights wont be going below 60 and days wont be going below 70 for the rest of the season!
    -Alex

• subtropix
    12 years ago

Okay, it's warm now, but how about some--you know--SUN. This perpetual cloud cover is depressing! I see thunderstorms in the daily forecast for days on end. When is the monsoon season going to end already?!

• andyandy
    12 years ago

Just had nicest weekend of year, 77 Sunny Saturday and 84 and sunny Sunday. suppsed to be rainy and 60s starting tomorrow through Saturday and then nothing but sunny and high 70s as far as the eye can see. To me that is what late spring is supposed to be

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

The sun ended up coming out today and it was muggy and humid. Its definitely still in the 80s outside and I can tell it was a warm day because the bananas all pushed their new leaves out at least 3 inches! The plants are finally going to start getting fuller now. Lots of 80s in the forecast and the coldest nights are still in the low 60s!
    Good luck!
    Enjoy the weather and watch out for some strong storms!
    -Alex

• chadec7a
    12 years ago

We have been in the upper 80's and low 90's last couple days with the only rain coming at night.

• statenislandpalm7a
    12 years ago

Yeah today was great sunny and in the 80s Alot of my elephant ears pushed up new leaves

• jimhardy
    12 years ago

More summer weather arrives after heavy rain tomorrow.

Maybe a dome of mid 90s by Monday-hopefully this will
    transition east for you guys.

• wetsuiter
    12 years ago

First 90 degree day today on the Southern Delaware Coast.

• brooklyngreg
    12 years ago

Its been warm here in NYC. We needed AC's last night after a warm humid sunny day in the 80s. Today.. well we needed AC but now I see fog coming in from the coast. Tomorrow 88* and the entire forcast is rain free and 80+. I like some rain in the forecast for the garden.

My tracky looks good but my pindo in the ground looks stuck but my potted pindos are growing fast.

• statenislandpalm7a
    12 years ago

Greg looks like a chance of rain for next wendsday

and maybe tmmrw we could reach 90

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Greg, my pindo in the ground isnt growing either. If it doesnt grow this summer, Im going to dig it up and move it to a different spot (I dont think the soil is good in that area and or its in too much shade).
    The forecast looks great! I hope my plants take advantage of the weather!
    -Alex

• chadec7a
    12 years ago

I don't know how anything is growing where I live. We have temps in the 90's during the day and every night some crazy lightning storm. Two nights ago we had wall clouds with rotation and last night's storm brought down several Bradford pears.

• subtropix
    12 years ago

Not a bad forecast here (upper 80's but really HUMID). Severe TS warnings up from Northern Maine to South Carolina have been posted by the Natl. Weather Service (but a bit inland from the immediate coast, so don't expect severe here). See a couple of 90's in the forecast soon also. I'm just glad to see the sun again! TZ, my pindos (containerized) have been growing fast. Give yours a bit more time--I imagine that ground temps lag those in containers--especially after our rainy and cloudy April/May period. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

• jimhardy
    12 years ago

I agree with njoasis about the Butia,they can take
    a while to get going/establish-some palms will take
    the full 3 years to get acclimated.

• statenislandpalm7a
    12 years ago

I have a small butia in the ground it opened one spear and grew another since spring. I have it planted against concrete which keeps it warmer

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?