12 years ago

Small Waggie, Small Trachycarpus Fortunei "Haye's Stiffe", and new Pindo Palm

{{gwi:1137214}}

{{gwi:1137215}}

{{gwi:1137216}}

Comments (18)

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

They look great! I'm always surprised that waggies aren't used more as bonsai specimens! They look so great at all ages!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Alex

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Alex! I just purchased a five gallon waggie from jungle music.net - I've been looking for a good size waggie for a year now and haven't found any due to their rarity. So I'm so happy that it's cooing in the mail this week!

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Post a pic when it comes! I would love to see the kind of sizes of Waggies that Jungle Music sells!
    -Alex

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No prob Alex

• chadec7a
    12 years ago

I think you'll be happy with your new waggie from jungle music. Thats were I got my bismarkia. I feel that its a little on the small side for a 7 gallon palm though. I was thinking about ording a waggie from them too, they gave me a 1 gallon for free with my last order.

• jimhardy
    12 years ago

Beautiful palms.....I REALLY love that Waggie.

They are such great palms-why don't I have more!

(?)

• jacklord
    12 years ago

Nice palms. Now get em in the ground.

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

When I get ground to put them in I will hahahahaha! For now they are in pots making trips from the guest room to the balcony. When I move again I'm definitely going to have yard space. The Waggies are definitely my favorite cold hardy pal,ms out there, because of their stiffer fronds and beautiful appearance. The waggie I ordered from junglemusic.net was a 5 gallon. Phil said that the crown was about 18" tall. I'm most likely going to treat as if it were a child of mine.

• chadec7a
    12 years ago

Wow, that's about 3 three times the size of the 7 gallon bismarkia I got. Difference in palms I guess. I might have to order one now.

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

He told me that they are in great shape, but the shipping kicks my butt...San Diego to NYC! :-((

• chadec7a
    12 years ago

Did you have to pay for the phyto certificate? It cost and extra 35$ cause N.C. requres verification that plants don't have slugs or other crap in them. Shipping cost me more than the palm!

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I didn't have to pay for a certificate.

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My Waggie arrived on time and was accompanied by a free Trithrinax Acanthocoma. Yipeeeeeeeee!!!

{{gwi:1137217}}

{{gwi:1137218}}

{{gwi:1137219}}

{{gwi:1137220}}

{{gwi:1137222}}

{{gwi:1137223}}

{{gwi:1137224}}

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm completely in love with my new waggie!!!

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Thats a beautiful waggie! So healthy and so Waggie! thanks for sharing!
    -Alex

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You're welcome Alex. I feel like she's the queen of all my palms!

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    12 years ago

Love all your palms! You remind me alot of myself about 10+ years ago when all I had was a balcony. Theres not going to be alot of room for you on your balcony soon! haha! THere was room for me, my partner, and maybe 2 others out there at any given moment, the rest was all plants/ garden, and palms. =o) Thanks for sharing them with us. Keep us updated!

• HardyPalmFreak
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanx novaplantguy. One day I will have ground to plant my babies in hahahaha!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County