Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New house

Posted by bradleyo 6a (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 21:25

Just moved in a week and a half ago, from the coldest 6a in America in Dubois to maybe one of the warmest. My new location has only experienced 3 below zero days in the past 20 years, with all 3 occurring in the past 5 years. On average, my new climate is 6F warmer day and night 24/7/365!!! In reality there have been many days with 15 degree differences. Every rose has it's thorn though, of course. I moved to a smaller, wetter yard with a slope, no lake view, more humidity, more traffic, etc...

Anyways here is what the house looked like on inspection day.

Photobucket

In the day and a half following signing, I ripped out the hollies and arborvitae. My daughter is dancing for joy!

Photobucket

I ripped out a sickly azalea that was planted in full sun and started scalping the grass that I intend to remove Saturday.

Photobucket

More scalping/anticipating...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Planted my BBB

Photobucket

and a trachy

Photobucket

and an April Kiss camellia

Photobucket

and a cast iron

Photobucket

a daphne "Eternal Frangrance"

Photobucket

an aucuba

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and I plan on planting a whole lot more stuff. Hopefully my weekend doesn't get srewed by work this weekend because if I do, I may not have a garden this year and may lose many plants since I don't have room for an adequate grow room in this place, so say some prayers for my garden please!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New house

Very nice new house! Glad to see that you are still going to be making nice curves with the grass. Should look great when it's all finished just like it did with your old house! Looking forward to seeing how it all looks by the end of the summer! Looks like your palms made it through the move very well. Your house should be a home again in no time!
Thanks for sharing! I hope you get the time to do your planting this weekend!
-Alex

o
RE: New house

I'm a curvy type of guy! No planting this weekend. Just backbreaking sod removal...hopefully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here