Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone see any warmer sunny weather coming? This is a joke.

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 21:27

Looks like the Northeast is bracing for yet another wet and colder than normal summer. What do you think?

Does anyone have any good news? After a long cold dreadful fall and winter, I could use some good cheer and sunny weather here.
I don't think we have had more than two sunny days all month. The weather stalls and nothing is moving, like a traffic jam. Unfortunately when it does this, we are stuck with cold northeast winds and very wet, damp, and colder than normal days. I wish the sunny warm days would get stuck over us:-(

My plants are all getting tired of this and I am tired of lugging them in and out at this time of the year.

Please, let's do a sun dance!

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone see any warmer sunny weather coming? This is a jo

The weather was beautiful here last week. Sunny and 70s every single day. Now the clouds wont budge! We had a strong thunderstorm which actually knocked a few leaves and flowers off my plants and its just too wet. The humidity is almost as high as it can get (dew point was 62F earlier today and the actual temperature was 66F at that time). Next 10 days looks like 70s and clouds or rain and quite a bit of rain! I want sun and 80s and maybe a few humid 90s. Hopefully June will bring that kind of weather. So far we didnt get to 80F once in May and we are halfway through the month now. 77F is the highest temperature in the forecast which is pretty nice, but not if its raining!
I was looking at pictures of my plants at this time last year and even though my yard looks much better, the plants are behind in their growing!
Good luck!
-Alex

o

My stuff is behind here too Alex,even with some 80 and 90f
temps-and it seems to go back to being cooler than normal
when the warm temps go....we had 2 nights of 32 a week and
a half ago then 93f(one place in Iowa hit 100f)and now
back to 37f last night.

At least it's sunny all week-

The bad news is the troughs in the east and west aren't moving,
the one in the east is actually forecast to retrograde
by Wednesday possibly brushing northeast Iowa again!

o

Things here are staying pretty balmy. Rain every day and dropping back into the 60's this week. The only thing growing in my yard is my musa's and weeds!

o

83, hazy and humid here is SE Mich Thursday and Friday. 43 and raining yesterday. We went from July to November in 48 hours. This reminds me of two years ago when the only real summer month we got was August. I had to drag everything back in after a terrific week. My coconuts were exploding now they are back in my living room. Unfortutely my understanding is that the weather pattern we are in means a cold wet summer for the North East and Great lakes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here