Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for Acai Palms

Posted by briana_2006 IL (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 22:28

Hi All -

Does anyone know of a source to buy acai palm trees or seeds. I used to get the trees from a place in florida but they no longer sell outside of florida.

Thanks,
Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for Acai Palms

I bought some about 10 years ago, although I can't remember who I bought them from. I planted them some in pots some in the ground. 1 of them has about 10 ft of wood and over all it's about 13 ft tall. Beautiful palm. If it blooms, I'll send you seeds.
Kevin.

o
RE: Source for Acai Palms

Almost always available from Floribunda Palms... warning- very tropical palm and does not do well in anything but very tropical environments. Easy grow in Hawaii, but no where else in the US.. maybe very very south Florida. No way is growing one in a greenhouse going to work, either, as they need to mature to produce fruit (and mature size is about 30' tall).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here