Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Musa Basjoo

Posted by andyandy 6bMI (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 11:18

These made it through our mild winter with flying colors. i suspect they could be 15-18 feet by the end of summer

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Musa Basjoo

They are really big already, is this a recent pic? Did you do anything to help them survive? Mine did terrible last summer but they survived the winter and are growing fast now. If all goes well they might be a nice size in a few years. So far they put out 4 leaves this year which is pretty good growth for June.

o
RE: Musa Basjoo

Alex-
This was taken last night, it rained Sunday and Monday and with the 90s now you can almost see them growing. they started growing march when we had 10 strait days in the 70s and 80s.then we had some freezes so the new growth died off. This is the 1st winter I got them to live through. I just piled a bunch of Maple leaves over them. it helped that it was the mildest winter I can remember. I haven't even fertilized them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here