Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo Farm palms

Posted by bradleyo (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 11:19

Hey all. I'll be posting some pics of the old landscape soon. Had a rough winter and lost a lot of stuff but I recently returned from a vacation in Hilton Head and have these to post for now. We went to the Bamboo Farm and I thought many of you may be interested in seeing the progress of all of the sabals there.

Sabal Tamaulpias
Photobucket

Sabal minor "Madison"
Photobucket

Sabal minor "Hatteras"
Photobucket

Sabal Mexicana
Photobucket

Sabal Louisiana
Photobucket

One of the Sabal Lisa's
Photobucket

The other
Photobucket

I don't recall exactly but maybe Sabal domingensis?
Photobucket

Sabal causiarum?
Photobucket

Sabal 'Birmingham'
Photobucket

Big beautiful needle
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo Farm palms

Nice pics. The needle palm looks great and it has huge leaves.

o

Wow, those palms are looking excellent! I think my favorite is the Sabal Lisa!
Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

o

Great pics, I too love the sabal lisa it really has some unique fronds and a nice looking trunk. That has to the best looking needle palm that I have seen in a long time. I can't wait till my louisiana starts forming a trunk.

o

I was surprised myself how well those palms were thriving. I could only dream of having a needle that looked like that, much less a Louisiana.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here