Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few more pics...and a question

Posted by trishmick z7NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 24, 10 at 11:35

Thanks for the compliments re: my blooming backyard paradise this year. Weather has been great for tropicals. Anyway...

Current image of my flowering basjoo
Photobucket

Just plumeria again. Good feel of the tropics when these suckers bloom
Photobucket

And, a question. Has anyone had a ponytail palm flower? Cause mine is about to. Been lucky this year with such things.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few more pics...and a question

Amazing blooms. It doesn't even look like NJ but FL or PR instead.

Its been a great summer for tropicals - I just wish I did not have to water the plants so much. We have not had enough rain in the city.

o

I have never seen a ponytail palm flower at that size. You are very lucky with it! Plumeria is looking great and that musa basjoo will probably have ripe fruit by the end of the summer (you cant eat the fruit but maybe you can germinate the seeds if viable). Looks like you are having lots of luck this year with your blooms.

Greg. Its been very dry here too and pretty cloudy. 2 days ago was nice though. It really poured. Probably over an inch of rain in about 15 minutes to a half hour. It hasnt come down that heavily for that long in at least a month.

Good luck!
-Alex

o

The fruit is edible but it is fiberous and has big seeds.
The YARD LOOKS GREAT

o

Stunning tropicals, congrats.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here