Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oops,how did that get in there?
Anyone what to guess where it is?

1 more barrel(E.triglochidiatus)to go!.....
and H.parvaflora-the bloom stalk is about 6'

Photobucket

Thanks for looking!

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cactus flowers 2010

I always enjoy your pictures. I can see why you like catus - there's a big bloom payoff.

It would be hard to guess what the mystery photo is - is it this time of year. Couldn't be. Northern Nevada or Utah in the early Spring.

o

Nice pics, they look very nice.

The mystery pic, it looks like somewhere in Colorado, could be southwestern section.

o

Very nice!

o

gorgeous

o

Hi, Jim!
Very nice, badly beautiful cacti. I like your viviparas and reichenbachii, it's good that labels come into pics. I am ill to cacti, because I have them whole my life, now there're more than 200 species in my collection.
P.S. What is that valley / crater?
P.S.P.S. can you tell me as american ( :) ), what "yatapa" - cactus means? I've just found this article, but cannot imagine what cactus could take part in this story. :D
http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/Cactus_Lover-Cochiti.html
Best regards -
Antti

Here is a link that might be useful: Native American Legends

o

Beautiful blooms! I can think of very few other plants that are able to produce a single flower that is larger than themselves! Small cactus plants are definitely one of them!
Thanks for posting, they look great!
Good luck!
-Alex

o

• Posted by butiaman 7b Douglasville,GA. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 13:10

Jim,First Great pics.I have a cactus like one of yours.I have always wondered what kind of cactus it is.I bought it at Kroger about five years ago,it was about 5" tall at the time.The card that came with it just said cacti plant.The one im talking about is the one that looks like it's in a clay pot,planted in the ground,on the front right of the picture.It's the straight tall one that's green.The only difference I see between mine and yours, is yours looks like it's not round all the way down to the soil.Mine looks like the top of yours the whole plant is round.It's about 4ft tall now,but it's never bloomed.Can you tell me the name of that cactus?I thought all cactus bloomed,has yours ever bloomed for you?

o

Sorry Antti
no idea about that one.

Butia
Cereus peruvianus is sometimes called The column cactus,they do bloom,I had one about the size of yours 25 yrs ago and it did bloom.
They may require cold winter weather to bloom.some cactus do.

Here is a link that might be useful: C.peruvianus In bloom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here