Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chadec

Before and afters

chadec
11 years ago

Here are a few photos of my garden taken from last year till now only 1 year apart.

my trachys across the front of the house.

Heres a my weeping willow.

A. ovatifolia

And just a few updates and newbies!

{{gwi:564786}}

{{gwi:564813}}

Still recovering from meally bugs but now its starting to put out new fronds.

Monkey puzzle seedling.

Discounted blue pot 7.5 gallon pindo for 27$. Couldn't refuse.

Apples

Pears

Thanks for looking

Chad

Comments (10)

• statenislandpalm7a
    11 years ago

Looks great. What are the two agaves in the bottom of the 7th pic? Also do you protect your inground agave? Cool monkey puzzle seedling. They grow into amazing hardy trees but are extremely slow growing. Your sabal looks really nice also.

• chadec
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks statenisland, I will protect my agave only to prevent any damage they do not require it. The one pictured did not recieve any protection last year. the two agaves in pic 7 are (left)lophantha pup taken from my larger one last year and (right) lophantha splendida.

• statenislandpalm7a
    11 years ago

Is the Agave lophantha splendida hardy?
    I think I have the same one but im afraid to plant it in the ground.

{{gwi:562043}}

is this the same one? I planted some pups in the ground to see if they make it this winter

• jimhardy
    11 years ago

WOW

Nice pics-and it's only going to get better!

• tropicalzone7
    11 years ago

Everything looks great! The weeping willow grew a ton and so did the trachys! Your yard is getting fuller and lusher with each update!
    Thanks for sharing! Nice new additions also. Desert roses are one of my favorites, I pruned mine back so it hasnt made many blooms yet this summer (only the few before it was pruned back in May).
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Alex

• chadec
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Statenisland, I believe you have regular strain of lophantha. Regardless, the splendidas are rated for Zone
    7B and are growing outside at Plant Delights nursery. I will try to photogragh one next week when I go. I will post a photo of my reg. lophantha however they do become washed out from being in full sun. Which is why I believe all the varigates are on the market.
    {{gwi:564809}}

• us_marine
    11 years ago

Nice plants :) And nice variety.

- US_Marine

• statenislandpalm7a
    11 years ago

Yeah I think its the regular one. I got it in Virginia beach. Your agave looks great.

• chadec
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jim- thanks, its going to get better cause im trying to keep up with you.

Thanks Alex, that willow really is growing fast. I was surprised to see blooms on my desert rose. I just raised the roots and repotted it. Figured it would be stressed for a while.

• chadec
    Original Author
    11 years ago

US_Marine thanks, I use to have a larger variety of stuff. Unfortunately 60" of rain rotted alot of stuff. Several bananas are coming along but not ready to be pictured yet.

statenisland I have a post on the cactus and succulent forum now with photos of all my agaves. If your interested in trying one in the ground.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz