Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windmill palms please help

Posted by sheree257 Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 25, 10 at 12:15

I have 2 palms about 15 feet tall that are 7 years old. Every year they have grown like crazy, but this year we had a cold winter here in TX. where we had freezing temp. 4 days or more. And the wind beat all the old dead leaves off. They have not produced any new leaves so far and It's almost july by this time they would have already started to grow. Can someone please tell me if they might know what's going on with them. Will they come back this year or next or have we lost them ?? The trunk and the rest of the tree looks ok. Please Help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windmill palms please help

Not sure of the problem. How cold was the min temp this past winter?? Can you post a pic of them.

Maybe some fertilizer will help them grow.

Good luck!
-Alex

o
RE: Windmill palms please help

Can you post photos please? Photos always help and usually get an answer faster.

Are the completely defoliated? Not sure I understand exactly what you are saying. A photo would definitely be VERY helpful.

Also, have you been up to the crown and given the spears a firm tug? If you have not I would strongly urge giving that a try to see if they come out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here