Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantlover80

bamboo palm advise/help

plantlover80
9 years ago

Hello all, I need advice as to what and how to spring this plant back to life. I have a past post where I saved it from my company before they tossed in the garbage.now I need to save it from myself.

I have 3 cats one of them won't leave the plant alone so I spray a little bit of bitter on it.
Synergy Labs� Fooey- ultra bite spray.
the instructions/ ingredients says contains no alcohol and it's safe to put on harmful plants. neutral pH, orderless non-toxic, non caustic, non-flammable and non-acidic.

I have a broken plant holder (flat) at the bottom to raise the inner pot up to relieve from standing water. I water it when it is about 2 inches deep dry. the soil drains really good. I haven't fertilized it because the soil I potted it in has a fertilizer in it. the soil is a moisture retaining soil. I think it was miracle grow.

I had it down in the basement and when I first got it because I didn't have a spot to put it and if it had a disease I didn't want it near my other plants.
I brought it up to the bedroom away from the south window about 12 feet away in the corner. it wasn't doing too good so today I moved it over by the south window (177�).

I will post pictures of the quality of the plant. I wanted to post a video of how the soil drains but apparently it is frowned upon in this establishment.

any advice is appreciated.thank you in advance.

Chad

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!