Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bamboo palm advise/help

Posted by plantlover80 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 12:37

Hello all, I need advice as to what and how to spring this plant back to life. I have a past post where I saved it from my company before they tossed in the garbage.now I need to save it from myself.

I have 3 cats one of them won't leave the plant alone so I spray a little bit of bitter on it.
Synergy Labs� Fooey- ultra bite spray.
the instructions/ ingredients says contains no alcohol and it's safe to put on harmful plants. neutral pH, orderless non-toxic, non caustic, non-flammable and non-acidic.

I have a broken plant holder (flat) at the bottom to raise the inner pot up to relieve from standing water. I water it when it is about 2 inches deep dry. the soil drains really good. I haven't fertilized it because the soil I potted it in has a fertilizer in it. the soil is a moisture retaining soil. I think it was miracle grow.

I had it down in the basement and when I first got it because I didn't have a spot to put it and if it had a disease I didn't want it near my other plants.
I brought it up to the bedroom away from the south window about 12 feet away in the corner. it wasn't doing too good so today I moved it over by the south window (177�).

I will post pictures of the quality of the plant. I wanted to post a video of how the soil drains but apparently it is frowned upon in this establishment.

any advice is appreciated.thank you in advance.

Chad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bamboo palm advise/help

2nd pic

o

3rd pic

o

Should I cut all the dead leaves off? I did previously because I read it didn't matter but maybe that's the problem?

o

Sounds like you are on the way to making it happier... lots of water and lots of light. What is damaged will stay that way, though, until you chop it off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here